At 02:03 PM 7/5/01 -0400, David Gilden wrote:
> > perldoc CPAN and look for the autobundle command.  You'll have to define
> > your own personal CPAN directory first, but this is the "official"
> > way.  Dirtier way:
> >
> > find `perl -e 'print "@INC"'` -name "*.pm" -print
> >

>Got a long list of stuff, and wanted to write to a file,
>What did I miss here? (almost there...)

Redirect:

find `perl -e 'print "@INC"'` -name "*.pm" -print > modules

>#!/usr/bin/perl
>
>@array = ("test","dave");
>
>push @array ,`find "@INC" -name "*.pm"`;
>
>open (ML, ">modulelist") or die "could not write file $!";
>

>while (@array){
>print  "$_\n";
>}

Er, just stick the module list in a file from the command line, no need to
write a Perl script to do it.  Then clean it up with an editor.

If you're looking for more details, autobundle is the way to go; it will
tell you version numbers.  CPAN.pm can even tell you which modules have
more recent versions available.
--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies