--Hello List,
--
--I have a DOS batch file which has perl script that runs at the end.
The --perl
--script fetches information from different files and database and
generates
--an excel file. Is there a way I can open the excel from CGI and
display on
--screen?
--Thanks
--
--Vau

# Print HTTP header information at top of page
print 'Content-type: application/vnd.ms-excel;
name="'.$filename.'"'."\n";
print "Content-Transfer-Encoding: text; \n";
print 'Content-Disposition: inline; filename="'.$filename.'"'."\n";
print 'Content-Description: "msexcel";' . "\n\n";

# Print file content
print "$file_contents\n";

Output that via CGI and the browser should open an inline excel
spreadsheet.

Capgemini is a trading name used by the Capgemini Group of companies which
includes Capgemini UK plc, a company registered in England and Wales (number
943935) whose registered office is at No. 1 Forge End, Woking, Surrey, GU21 6DB.
the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized
to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or
any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.