At 9:58 PM -0700 7/9/09, Travis Thornhill wrote:
I'm trying to learn to develop Perl modules in an effort to have clean directory structure and more reusable code.

I'm hitting a little snag in my test code that I don't quite understand. I'm hoping someone can help explain where I may be going wrong here.

The error I'm receiving is this:

ln09{}: perl uses_Mod.pl
Can't locate object method "new" via package "myMod" (perhaps you forgot to load "myMod"?) at uses_Mod.pl line 11.

I believe that I've done everything I should do to "load" the module, and can't make it work properly.

The lines of code which "load" the module in my caller are these:
use lib 'Mod';
use Mod::myMod;

The line of code where I get the error is this:
my $obj = myMod->new();

Try this line instead:

    my $obj = Mod::myMod->new();

--