>>>>> "hx" == heyi xiao <xiaohey...@yahoo.com> writes:

  hx> Thanks,Uri and Shawn, for all the information.  I knew perl is
  hx> written in C, but I am still interested in checking the C source
  hx> for some builtin function directly. Is there any good way to go?

do you really want to look into perl's guts? it ain't pretty. there
isn't any particular way to go. there are some docs about the design and
if you need to understand stuff they will help. and there is plenty on
how to interface with the guts to add c code and such to your
programs. but for just browsing and searching the code, you are on
your own. and this is even close to a beginners question! :)

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  u...@stemsystems.com  --------  http://www.sysarch.com --
-----  Perl Code Review , Architecture, Development, Training, Support ------