  RH> Alexander Koenig wrote:
  >>
  >>> Missing right curly or square bracket at ./statistik.pl line 100, at end
  >>> of line
  >>> Execution of ./statistik.pl aborted due to compilation errors.
  >>>
  >> Line numbers would have been great.

and you can just highlight the line number with a perl comment if you
don't want to paste with numbers. this is a good idea as it won't break
the script if someone wants to cut/paste it to test it out.

  RH> because of using kedit - by default no comment with linenumber is added.

use a programmer's editor that supports perl syntax in some way (there
are many). then you can easily see broken pairs of
parens/braces/brackets. in emacs i can bounce back and forth over nested
pairs and quickly locate any issues.

  RH> Possible I have to seperate the script into different scriptfiles for
  RH> better finding.

100 lines is not so large script that it needs breaking up. your issue
is getting a better editor that helps you with programming.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  u...@stemsystems.com  --------  http://www.sysarch.com --
-----  Perl Code Review , Architecture, Development, Training, Support ------