2009/10/19 Harry Putnam <rea...@newsguy.com>:

>>> use File::Copy;
>
> Dermot commented:
>> It might be best to put this at the top of your script with all the
>> other loadable modules your using.
>
> Harry asks:
> Do you think it would make a difference in how the script behaves? Or
> do you mean for the sake of general tidiness and clarity?

I asked the same question myself once. It makes no difference to how
the script runs or performs. Perl will load all loadable module at
compile-time. I just think it's clearer to see them all at the top of
the page and this might give you/some other maintainer more hints
about what the script does and uses. Having said that, I have seen it
done in the fashion you used before as well. This is Perl, so you have
the license to do it anyway you like (TIMTOWTDI).

HTH,
Dp.