OK. So I have tried some things. I guess the largest issue that I can't find an
answer for elsewhere is how to evaluate variables to be >, = or <100 in one
evaluation.

Before I get there, obviously I need to get the variables.

Here is what I am trying to do for that:

@hping_array = ();
$hcount = 1;
for (; $hcount < 5;){

        system ("sudo hping3 $domain -S -p 80 -c 1|awk '{print $5}'");
        chomp;
        push hping_array, $_;
        $hcount++;
}
print "@hping_array\n";

So the code is trying to run the hping3 command against $domain. I am awking
for $5 which is the IPID value in the response. I am trying to push it into the
array @hping_array. This should happen 5 times.

Then I'm printing @hping_array. I'm only getting one value and it is actually
the whole response from hping. It seems to not respect the awk.

#example output

HPING www.example.com (en1 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx): S set, 40 headers + 0 data bytes
len=46 ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ttl=64 DF id=2041 sport=80 flags=SA seq=0 win=5840
rtt=1.4 ms

I have done this partially with just doing my $hping_result = `sudo hping3
$domain -S -p 80 -c 1|awk '{print $5}'; So I know the system command by itself
is working.

So first question is what can help me get just the $5 into array 5 times. Then
I can move on to evaluation of the array values.