Owen <rc...@pcug.org.au> wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 00:14:44 +0100
> Mimi Cafe <mimic...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > I get following error when trying to open a session using
> > Apache::Session::MySQL.
> >

> > Here is what I have
> >

> >   38   tie %session, " Apache::Session::MySQL", undef,{

There is leading whitespace in the class name " Apache::Session::MySQL".

> I really don't know, but the documentation shows;
>
> tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::MySQL', $id, {
>     Handle     => $dbh,
>     LockHandle => $dbh
>  };
>
> So did you try just the single quotes?

@Owen: If you "really don't know" then your suggestions are cargo cult
programming. Please don't do that.

As a rule of thumb, use single quotes if you're dealing with a literal string
than you don't want/need to interpolate (substitute variables, escaped
characters, etc.) and use double quotes otherwise.

MfG,
Thomas Bätzler
--
BRINGE Informationstechnik GmbH
Zur Seeplatte 12

Fon: +49 721 94246-0
Fon: +49 171 5438457
Fax: +49 721 94246-66
Web: http://www.bringe.de/

Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Martin Bringe
Ust.Id: DE812936645, HRB 108943 Mannheim