On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 10:01:35AM -0700, Mike McClain wrote:
> Hi,
>     My brother Rick, a windrider, put together a webpage,
> http://www.photographers1.com/Sailing/NauticalTerms&Nomenclature.html
> about sailing and wind surfing that has grown too large and should be
> split into smaller sections to reduce load time.
>     Can anyone point me to any tools/modules that would automate the
> process of fixing all the links?
That's an awesome effort by your brother, Mike.

As far as automating the re-assigment of links: Use something like
HTML::TokeParser::Simple - https://metacpan.org/pod/HTML::TokeParser::Simple

Then you can replace
http://www.photographers1.com/Sailing/NauticalTerms&Nomenclature.html#Knot
with something like
http://www.photographers1.com/Sailing/Encyclopedia/K.html/#Knot
assuming you have all the entries starting with K split to K.html of course.

The anchor tags e.g. <A Name="Knot">Knot</A>  won't need to be changed.

Kind regards

Lesley