I know nothing about these particular modules, but looking at these two pages:

https://metacpan.org/pod/Net::ISC::DHCPd
https://metacpan.org/pod/Net::DHCP::Info

I can see that from the Activity panel on the left that
Net::ISC::DHCPd is being actively maintained while Net::DHCP::Info
hasn't been updated since 2009. For that reason I'd try using
Net::ISC::DHCPd first.

Hope that helps,

Andrew

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 9:45 AM, Lars Noodén <lars.noo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When there are several CPAN modules that seem to do something similar,
> how does one identify which one is more mature and well-maintained?
>
> For example, which one is best for parsing DHCPd configuration
> (dhcpd.conf) files?  Net::ISC::DHCPd or Net::DHCP::Info?  I'm guessing
> that since the former references the latter in the manual page, it
> *might* be better but where would I look for empirical evidence of that
> guess?
>
> Regards,
> Lars
>
> --