Why can't you use 'signatures' feature at the first place?

Usually, it means that you tight yourself to system perl, which is not a good decision at all.

Don't trust me on this, trust brian d foy https://www.effectiveperlprogramming.com/2015/11/apple-recommends-installing-your-own-perl/

Install different perl version is quite a trivial task, especially with tools like perlbrew and plenv.

Next, You can easily install modules you need via cpanm or carton.