Hi,

how can I read data from a web site which is using multiple frames and some
javascript?

When using a web browser, I need to log in into the web site and follow a
couple links to finally get to the page I want.  This page I need to get data
from has a frame with a select list and another frame displaying a table.  By
default, the table contains data corresponding to the first entry in the
select list.  Selecting an entry from the select list reloads the table in the
other frame once I click on the entry.

I need to automatically pick all the entries from the select list one after
another so that the table is being updated.  Once I've read the new table, the
next entry in the select list needs to be picked to get the table updated,
until there are no more entries.  The order in which the entries are being
picked can be random.

Once all the available tables are read, only the first entry in the select
needs to be read once per day.  "Reading the table" means that I need to put
the data in the table into a database.  It would help if could save all the
tables to files and convert the files later; the problem is getting the
tables.

Is this even possible?  There doesn't seem be any useful support for
javascript with WWW::Mechanize, and even frames seem to be an issue.

I can only see that some java (or javascript or whatever it is) function is
being called when clicking on an entry in the select list the only purpose of
which seems to be to display a banner showing "Loading ..." with the dots
moving while the table is being loaded.  Yet the table is being updated.  I
can't see how and if there are GET or POST requests being sent by the web
browser.  The only way to update seems to be to somehow fake a click on an
entry in the select list.

Any ideas?