I'm still testing a number of them myself, but so far I like ConTEXT for
PERL editing.  It's freeware, and has some nice features, including
customizable execution keys (I use one to run my script in a console, and
another to capture information in the output window).  You can get it at:
http://www.fixedsys.com/context.

> BTW - this is a list that is really worth reading. You guys
> (and you know who you are) are fantastic. Some of the
> explanations offered here are so clear that even I can
> understand them!

I completely agree with you on that!

Hope this helps...
Jason

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

The information contained in this ELECTRONIC MAIL transmission
is confidential.  It may also be privileged work product or proprietary
information. This information is intended for the exclusive use of the
addressee(s).  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution [other
than to the addressee(s)], copying or taking of any action because
of this information is strictly prohibited.