from the doc I was a little confused and wanted clarification:

                                      Also be careful not to
             follow the print keyword with a left parenthesis
             unless you want the corresponding right parenthesis
             to terminate the arguments to the print--interpose a
             "+" or put parentheses around all the arguments.

this makes me think I can do this:

print(FILEHANDLE list, of, stuff, to, print), next if (condition);

which I haven't tested. and do I need another comma in that?... ;) just
fueling the fire I guess.