From: Rob Dixon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 5:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: What is Inversion of Control (IoC)

Nyimi Jose wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> Indeed the question i had in mind while posting was "should i care
> about IoC while developping in Perl ?". Your answer seems to be *no*.
> Then how can i argue to my friends that "IoC is not often a good way
> to write stuff". Have you some examples ?

As James says, it's not a language question: Perl can do callbacks too! But it's never
a good idea to program according to this month's buzzword. It's an advanced decision
to choose IoC over normal threaded code.

Rob

**** DISCLAIMER ****

"This e-mail and any attachment thereto may contain information which is confidential
and/or protected by intellectual property rights and are intended for the sole use of
the recipient(s) named above.
Any use of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to, total or
partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any form) by other persons than
the designated recipient(s) is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender either by
telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any computer".

Thank you for your cooperation.

For further information about Proximus mobile phone services please see our website at
http://www.proximus.be or refer to any Proximus agent.