Paul Kraus wrote:
You can access all the env variables like this...

$ENV{ 'VAR' }

example
my $home = $ENV{ 'HOME' };
print "$home\n";

I have never tried to change them but I would assume
that it would work.

HTH,
Paul Kraus

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 07:29:45AM -0700, jason corbett wrote:

How does one go about assuring that the environment variables are properly set in perl? I read several books, but none go in depth about how to write a script that includes all the required variables, that way nothing gets left out.

Please advise.

JC

[snipet]

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

$ENV{"ORACLE_HOME"}="/orav101/oracle/8.1.7";

use strict; use DBI;
use lib '/home/samcsm/jason/myperl/lib/perl5/site_perl/';

Use this one-liner to check your environment variables:

perl -Mstrict -we 'foreach my $key (sort keys %ENV) { print "$key => $ENV{$key}\n" }'

--
Flemming Greve Skovengaard                    The prophecy of the holy Norns
a.k.a Greven, TuxPower                        the world is doomed to die