Denham Eva wrote:
Hello Gurus,

In a script I have a piece of code as such:-

************* snip**************

my $filedate =~ s/(\d+)//g;

Try this instead:

my $filedate;
if( $var_with_file_name =~ m/(\d+)\.csv$/ ) {
    $filedate = $1;
}
print "$filename\n";

************* snip end *******

The data I am parsing looks as such :-

********** DATA ************

C:/directory/MSISExport_20040814.csv

C:/directory/MSISExport_20040813.csv

.

.

.

.

C:/directory/MSISExport_20030501.csv

Now I am actually trying to dump everything except the date or numerals
as such :- 20040814

Can someone help me with that regex? I am having a frustrating time of
it!

Much appreciated

Denham

--
Flemming Greve Skovengaard                     Man still has one belief,
a.k.a Greven, TuxPower                         One decree that stands alone