Bastian Angerstein wrote:
Joop,
if I use open... or die "$!" i see that the file is opened correctly but nothing is in
$_.

-----UrsprÃngliche Nachricht----- Von: Flemming Greve Skovengaard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Gesendet: Dienstag, 26. Oktober 2004 11:45 An: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Cc: Bastian Angerstein Betreff: Re: Reading from a filehandle in while-loop

Bastian Angerstein wrote:

Why does this donÂt work in my Script?

open (TEST, "</tmp/test.txt");
while (<TEST>) {
 print $_;
 # or just
 print;
}

Does the file exists and can you read it?

Bottompost, please. Your script works on my machine. Is this you whole script, do you use:

use strict;
use warnings;

in your script and is there any content in /tmp/test.txt?

--
Flemming Greve Skovengaard            The killer's breed or the Demon's seed,
a.k.a Greven, TuxPower                The glamour, the fortune, the pain,