On Sep 14, Ryan Perry said:

I have 2 set of options on a web page. first some radios (scalar), then some check boxes (array).

How will I know if I have an array or not?

If you're using a competant CGI query parser, like CGI.pm that comes with Perl, then you can simply do:

  #!/usr/bin/perl

  use CGI;
  $query = CGI->new;

  $which_box = $query->param('some_radio_button_name');
  @colors = $query->param('some_check_box_name');

and it's taken care of for you.

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan        %  How can we ever be the sold short or
RPI Acacia Brother #734    %  the cheated, we who for every service