-----Original Message-----
From: Chas Owens [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 11:48 AM
To: Curt Shaffer
Cc: beginners@perl.org
Subject: Re: FW: suggestion for sftp process

On 3/14/06, Curt Shaffer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a small update to this post. I found out that I will be able to get
> all of the files in the remote directory. Unfortunately I do not see a way
> to do this with Net::SFTP. There is no mget function and * does not seem
> work for the file name.
> Thanks
> Curt
<snip>

Just loop over the files in the directory.

for my $file (map { $_->{filename} } $sftp->ls('/path') {
    $sftp->get("/path/$file");
}

This is what I have now:

my @files = $sftp->ls($remotedir);
foreach (@files){
$sftp->get("$_");
print "recieving $_...\n";
}
print "Complete!\n";

but what I get for each loop in debug is the following:

linuxbox: sftp: Sent message T:17 I:30
linuxbox sftp: Received stat reply T:101 I:30
Couldn't stat remote file: No such file or directory at ./sftptest line 24
recieving HASH(0x9dbb0ac)...

of course the HASH is different for each loop.

Any ideas?