Hello~

I have a couple of questions from chapter 4 in the Alpaca book.

Everything is working fine but I keep getting "I don't understand
blue_shirt" whether I create the anonymous array w/

$provisions{$person} = [] unless exists $provisions{$person};

Or if I comment out the above line and allow autovivification to create
it.  Could someone pls explain what I am not understanding?

Below is the exact code from the Autovivification section... and sample
data.

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;

use warnings;

my %provisions;

my $person;

while (<>) {

          if (/^(\S.*)/) { # a persons name (no leading white spaces)

            $person = $1;

            $provisions{$person} = [] unless exists
$provisions{$person};

          } elsif (/^s+(\S.*)/) { # a provision

            die "No person yet!" unless defined $person;

            push @{ $provisions{$person} }, $1;

          } else {

            die "I don't understand: $_";

___DATA___