On 7/21/06, Karjala <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Maybe I should ask this question on a database list, but it's related to
DBI, so I'm asking here also:

I have a field in a record in the MySQL database that contains a number.

I increase it by one with $dbh->do("update table set myfield = myfield +
1 where mykey = 10");

I was wondering whether there's a way to find out the value of myfield
right after the update.

Running a "select myfield" right after the update is not a good enough
solution to my problem, since this is a web-based application, and
therefore it's possible that myfield might increase again between the
time of the first update and the select.

Do you know of any solution to this problem?

<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/ansi-diff-transactions.html>