From: Robin Norwood [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 8:23 PM
To: Nath, Alok (STSD)
Cc: beginners@perl.org
Subject: Re: Writing to XML using XML::Writer

"Nath, Alok (STSD)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi,
>       Can anybody give me a simple code snippet which writes or
modifies
> this xml ?
>
>       <my_list>
>           <guy name="SomeGuy">
>               <user>Tom</user>
>             <date-of-birth>Aug 2006</date-of-birth>
>           </guy>
>           <guy name="AnotherGuy">
>               <user>Dicken</user>
>             <date-of-birth>Aug 2006</date-of-birth>
>           </guy>
>       </my_list>
>
>       I want to read and write into this simple xml, basically
changing the
> values or deleting them.
>       After scanning through different XML modules I zeroed into
> XML::SimpleObject for reading.For
>       reading I know how to do it.For writing I am struggling.I want
to use
> XML::Writer.
>
>       Any help greatly appreciated.

Well...have you looked at perldoc XML::Writer ?  The module is pretty
well documented...if you start with the hello world example in the docs,
you should be able to get to your example with a few minutes of hacking.

If you have any problems with it, don't hesitate to ask.

-RN

--
Robin Norwood
Red Hat, Inc.