Hello... : )

I need to gather a single filename on hundreds of
servers ranging in *UX flavors from AIX, HP, Solaris,
RH Linux and Tru64 then store them on on HPUX server.

I was initially thinking an scp command like so
foreach my $server in (@servers)
 scp /etc/passwd /tmp/passwd.$SERVER

but not all clients have ssh running and other nuances
such as no root ssh sign-in, no ftp, and /etc/passwd
is protected from downloads and reads by anyone but
root.

I then looked at Net::EasyTCP for a socket download.
As I read the CPAN info and after reading

"Constructs and returns a new Net::EasyTCP object.
Such an object behaves in one of two modes (that needs
to be supplied to new() on creation time). You can
create either a server object (which accepts
connections from several clients) or a client object
(which initiates a connection to a server)."

For this to happen do I need to create server and
client or just client? What do you recommend?

server A would be "server" which houses gathered files
server B would be "client" which is where unique
passwd files live.

thank you
derek