On 1/8/07, hOURS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi everyone,
  Jay offered me the following code to help with something.  I don't  undertand
it, but tried to use it anyway to see if it would work.   The computer told me
there was a syntax error in the area I highlighted  in color.  I can't find it
- maybe that's because I don't  understand the code fully, but if anyone can
show me where it is I'd be  grateful.

Jay Savage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:my $timeout = 3600; # 1 hour
eval {
    local $SIG{ALRM} = sub { die "longRunningModule timed out\n" };
    alarm $timeout;
    require longRunningModule;
    alarm 0;
}

in case this isn't fixed yet, eval blocks need to be ended with a
semicolon, like eval { };