-----Original Message-----
From: Dharshana Eswaran [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 12:12 PM
To: Jeff Pang
Cc: Perl Beginners
Subject: Re: Calling a perl program from a perl script

On 1/11/07, Jeff Pang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >I Have a perl program which runs successfully and gets the required
> output.
> >
> >I need to call that program from a perl script. I tried this using
eval
> >function. But it failed.
> >
> > Can i know how to do this?
> >
> >Can anyone guide me in this?
> >

> It's maybe good to define the called program to be a perl
module/lib,then
> access the subroutines in the module by OO way.
>
> --
> Books below translated by me to Chinese.
> Practical mod_perl: http://home.earthlink.net/~pangj/mod_perl/
> Squid the Definitive Guide: http://home.earthlink.net/~pangj/squid/

Hi all,

I need to call the perl program and i have to pass arguments too along
with
the calling. And the called perl program has to return values too.

Can i do this without converting the called program into module?

Thanks and Regards,
Dharshana

Hi Dharshana

Probably you can use the tilde