On 06/06/2007 11:37 PM, Mumia W. wrote:
On 06/06/2007 07:54 PM, Mumia W. wrote:
[...]
This seems to have started around the 23rd of May.

No it didn't.

I apologize to the list owner and everyone else. There are several news-to-mail gateways that place onto beginners[at]perl.org, and they've been doing it for at least a year. The problem is on my end.
[...]

Only part is on my end*.

I have to apologize again. I was right the first time. Something of significance with respect to Google Groups and beginners[at]perl.org happened on May 25th.

Before May 25, no messages with an "NNTP-Posting-Host" header appeared on this list. After May 24, such messages started to appear, and *all* of them have a User-Agent of "G2/1.0" (Google Groups).

I've placed a CSV file and an Excel worksheet on my website; they demonstrate the timing of the change:

http://home.earthlink.net/~mumia.w.18.spam/msgs3.csv
http://home.earthlink.net/~mumia.w.18.spam/msgs3.xls

I hope that the list managers can stop Google's messages from making it to the mailing list.

* I was looking at my archive of debian-user when I concluded that there was no problem (Doh!)