On 06/17/2007 12:36 AM, Mathew Snyder wrote:
[...]
In the debugger I've set the 'w' command to watch the variable containing the
day being looked for ($day).  I would have thought $day stays the same throught
an iteration of the while loop but the debugger keeps stopping to tell me it
switched from '2007-06-15' (for instance) to ''.  I then continue and it tells
me it switched back from '' to '2007-06-15'.  Is it supposed to do that?
Shouldn't the $day variable remain constant?
[...]

The variable $day on line 50 is restricted to the scope of the for loop. I suspect that $day becomes empty or undefined when execution goes into a subroutine who's scope is outside of the for loop.