On 7/31/07, Johnson, Reginald (GTI) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Jul 31, 1:31 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jackson Samson) wrote:
> > I have downloaded the CGI.pm to my Windows machine.  Do I need a C
> > compiler to build this or can I use ppm install CGI.pm?
>
> Neither.  CGI is a core Perl module.  Nothing external needs to be
> installed.  You had no reason to download CGI.pm.  Just use it:
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl
> use strict;
> use warnings;
> use CGI;
> # . . .
>
> Paul Lalli
>
> How would one find out what the other core perl modules are?

Module::CoreList is the answer. This will be a core module in 5.10,
but by now if you use 5.8 or older install the module via CPAN. When
it installs, a script called "corelist" comes together. With it you
can query about core modules. (Read the docs at
http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Module::CoreList)

$ corelist CGI

CGI was first released with perl 5.004

$ corelist Class::Accessor

Class::Accessor was not in CORE (or so I think)

$ corelist /^File::/

File::Basename was first released with perl 5

File::CheckTree was first released with perl 5

File::Compare was first released with perl 5.004

File::Copy was first released with perl 5.002

File::DosGlob was first released with perl 5.00405

File::Fetch was first released with perl 5.009005

File::Find was first released with perl 5

File::Glob was first released with perl 5.006

File::GlobMapper was first released with perl 5.009004

File::Path was first released with perl 5.001

File::Spec was first released with perl 5.00405

File::Spec::Cygwin was first released with perl 5.006002

File::Spec::Epoc was first released with perl 5.006001

File::Spec::Functions was first released with perl 5.00504

File::Spec::Mac was first released with perl 5.00405

File::Spec::OS2 was first released with perl 5.00405

File::Spec::Unix was first released with perl 5.00405

File::Spec::VMS was first released with perl 5.00405

File::Spec::Win32 was first released with perl 5.00405

File::Temp was first released with perl 5.006001

File::stat was first released with perl 5.004