Mathew Snyder wrote:
I need to populate a select multiple on a web page when it loads with a series
of values.  Most of the values will be determined dynamically when the code runs
but some are static.  They look like "A - H", "I - P" and "Q - Z".  The spaces
are for readability.

What I am doing is declaring an array and assigning the value:
@array = qw/All "A - H" "I - P" "Q - Z"/;
and then pushing the to-be-determined values onto the array later on.  However,
when I print this all out while testing, I get each letter, hyphen and quote as
individual elements.  I've tried escaping different ways to no avail.

I've looked on PerlMonks and saw a solution which created a scalar with a string
containing each item separated by commas.  It is then run through the split()
function using the commas as the delimiter.  I'd like a more succinct and
cleaner method of doing this though, if possible.

Any ideas?

Mathew

Why not just declare @array like this:
my @array = ("All", "A - H", "I - P", "Q - Z");

and then later push new variables onto it, like so:
push @array, qw/1 2 3/;

--
Flemming Greve Skovengaard           FAITH, n.
a.k.a Greven, TuxPower                   Belief without evidence in what is told