From: Anusha Krishna chand
>       I have to make my back button of the browser disable ... can any
one
> help me in doing that using perl script...
> Thanks in advance....
> Anusha Krishnachand

The quickest way to do that in most browsers is right click on the
toolbar, select customize and remove the button from the bar.

If you mean disable it on browsers used to view your pages, you can't do
that and shouldn't even try. That button is a basic feature of the
browser and should always be available. I do know there is a javascript
trick that works on some browsers, but I consider that a bug that should
have been fixed long ago. I also file bug reports on any site that I
notice interfering with the use of back and forward buttons.

Another option is to add 'target="_blank"' attribute to the anchor to
open the page in a new tab or window.

Bob McConnell