Beignet only support CL_DEVICE_SVM_COARSE_GRAIN_BUFFER svm.

Thanks,
Yang Rong

From: Beignet [mailto:beignet-boun...@lists.freedesktop.org] On Behalf Of Sami
Pietilä
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 4:47 PM
To: beignet@lists.freedesktop.org
Subject: [Beignet] How to allocate SVM

Hi,

I have Skylake (and Broadwell) CPU and I am running beignet 1.3 platform. I
have checked that device capabilities has CL_DEVICE_SVM_FINE_GRAIN_BUFFER flag.

Following code gives CL_INVALID_VALUE. Even removing CL_MEM_SVM_ATOMICS does
not help. What could be wrong with the code? Additionally, how to the same SVM
reservation by OpenCL C++ bindings (cl2.hpp)?

size_t SVM_size = 42;

void* p = clSVMAlloc (
context(),
CL_MEM_READ_WRITE | CL_MEM_SVM_FINE_GRAIN_BUFFER | CL_MEM_SVM_ATOMICS,
SVM_size,
0);

cl_int err = clEnqueueSVMMap(queue(), CL_TRUE, CL_MAP_READ | CL_MAP_WRITE, p,
SVM_size, 0, NULL, NULL);

Thanks