On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 17:03 +0600, Omi Azad wrote:
> You have to check the Init shapes. Cause I found Init shapes are not
> used in the PDF.

Hi,
Instead of backporting stuff from recent versions of ICU, I ported the
fixes made by Taneem to Pango code (since Pango Indic code has been
derived from ICU, and since I am more familiar with Pango), and added a
ugly init support hack to ICU 2.2.

The only remaining known issues are
* ZWNJ and ZWJ are displayed as square boxes. This has been fixed in the
latest version of OOo unstable, so I don't think it is worth the trouble
to fix it in OOo 1.1.2. If I can find the patch, I'll try to apply it to
the OOo source.
* Rae-Jopholaa is rendered as untosto-jae-ropholaa
* Some fonts (eg: Lohit) are displayed in a garbled manner

I have attached a PDF of the test case that I used earlier in the
morning.
I'll try to upload an installable build somewhere.

Thanks,

  Sayamindu

--

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty
recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but

Seven Pillars of Wisdom