Hello everyone,

I have been (somewhat passively) watching the discussions/debates going on
about the various technical decisions, and I'm feeling that the time has
come when we should start having two sets of translations going into the
GNOME CVS. This should make a lot of things easier to resolve - for
example, bn_IN can have en shortcuts, while bn_BD can easily have bn
shortcuts, or the reverse, whichever is preferred.
Of course, it would mean extra work - but if we keep the base translations
same (and we already do have a solid base for GNOME), and do the required
modifications for each locale before committing into CVS, I don't think it
would be very difficult. There would be one developer for each locale who
would be responsible for committing the respective files into the
repository - on our side we already have Runa-di, and for bn_BD, Runa-di
and myself can definitely help the designated volunteer get a CVS account
in GNOME.
A point raised by Jamil was that of possible volunteer shortage. This is a
valid point. However, from the bn_BD angle, most of our active translators
are from BD, and for bn_IN, I would like to hear the opinion of Runa-di.
Our GNOME translation project has matured significantly, and I don't think
a "split" at this point of time would be beneficial, as it would allow for
greater freedom and flexibility.

Regards,
Sayamindu