In message from [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Fri, 12 Oct 2007 20:50:08 +0000):
Mikhail,
I am not sure I fully understand what you are presenting here, but I might say that yes, at the FPU unit level the 2222 series AMD Opteron/Barcelona and the Intel Core2/Clovertown (and also Harpertown at 45 nm) are now more largely equivalent -- that is they both can execute 2, double-wide (2x64 bit) floats in certain FMA situtations simultaneously and/or in a pipeline.
Regards,
rbw
--
  Sorry, now I'm misunderstanding :-)
I thought that Opteron 2222 don't have Barcelona microarchitecture (all the Barcelona's are 23xx or 83xx) and therefore can't perform 4*64 bit FP results per cycle. Am I wrong ?