As I remember, TSCs in SMP/x86 are synchronized by Linux kernels at the boot process. But the only message (about TSC) I see after Linux boot in dmesg (or /var/log/messages) in SuSE 10.3 w/2.6.22 default kernel on quad-core dual socket Opteron serever is

"Marking TSC unstable due to TSCs unsynchronized"

Does it means that RDTSC-based timer (I use it for microbenchmarks) will give wrong results ? :-(

Some additional information,
according Software Optimization Guide for AMD Familly 10h Processors
(quad-core) from Apr 4th, 2008:

Early each AMD core had own TSC. Now quad-core processors have one common clock source in NorthBridge (BTW, is it in this case integrated into CPU chip - i.e. includes integrated memory controller and support of HT links ? - M.K.) - for all the TSCs of CPUs (cores ? - M.K.).

The synchronization accuracy should be few tens cycles.

Mikhail Kuzminsky
Computer Assistance to Chemical Research Center
Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry
Moscow