In message from Bernd Schubert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Sat, 28 Jun 2008 19:04:50 +0200):
On Saturday 28 June 2008, Li, Bo wrote:
Hello,
Sorry, I don't have the same applications as you.
Did you compile them with gcc? If gcc, then -o3 can do some optimization.
-march=k8 is enough I think.

As Mikhail wrote in his first mail, he uses binaries from Gaussian Inc. Can gfortran in the mean time compile gaussian? Even if it can, it might be a problem for publications, since the only officially supported compiler is pgf77. Mikhail, do you have the source at all? Due to the different cache model of the barcelona a recompilation might really help.

No, I have no source :-( I absolutely agree w/you - DFT used is cache-friendly. Moreover, this big performance gap corresponds to DFT w/FMM (Fast Multipole Method). For "usual" DFT, Opteron 2350 cores are also more "slow" than Opteron 246, bun "only" on 33%.

And you make sure the CPU running at the default frequency. Sometime

Yeah, can you check the scaling governor isn't set to ondemand or conservative?

Yes, I looked to frequency many times (as a crazy :-)). There is no powersaved daemon, and I looked only 2 Ghz in /proc/cpuinfo :-)
Yours
Mikhail

Cheers,
Bernd