On Sep 25, 2008, at 10:19 AM, Joe Landman wrote:

We have measured NFSoverRDMA speeds (on SDR IB at that) at 460 MB/s, on an RDMA adapter reporting 750 MB/s (in a 4x PCIe slot, so ~860 MB/ s max is what we should expect for this). Faster IB hardware should result in better performance, though you still have to walk through the various software stacks, and they ... remove efficiency ... (nice PC way to say that they slow things down a bit :( )

Joe,

Even though recent kernels allow rsize and wsize of 1 MB for TCP, RPCRDMA only supports 32 KB. This will limit your throughput some regardless of faster hardware.

Scott