In message from Tom Elken <tom.el...@qlogic.com> (Fri, 14 Aug 2009 13:57:53 -0700):
On Behalf Of Bill Broadley

I put DDR3-1333 in the machine, but the bios seems to want to run them
at
1066,

How many dimms per memory channel do you have?

My understanding (which may be a few months old) is that if you have more than one dimm per memory channel, DDR3-1333 dimms will run at 1066 speed; i.e. on your 1-CPU system, if you have 6 dimms, you have 2 per memory channel.

I'm not sure exactly what speed they are running at.

Your results look excellent, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are running at 1333.

I have 12-18 GB/s on 4 threads of stream/ifort w/DDR3-1066 on dual E5520 server. But it works under "numa-bad" kernel w/o control of numa-efficient allocation.

Mikhail

-Tom

ьФП УППВЭЕОЙЕ ВЩМП РТПЧЕТЕОП ОБ ОБМЙЮЙЕ Ч ОЕН ЧЙТХУПЧ
Й ЙОПЗП ПРБУОПЗП УПДЕТЦЙНПЗП РПУТЕДУФЧПН
MailScanner, Й НЩ ОБДЕЕНУС
ЮФП ПОП ОЕ УПДЕТЦЙФ ЧТЕДПОПУОПЗП ЛПДБ.