On 04/09/2018 04:58 AM, Chris Samuel wrote:
On Saturday, 7 April 2018 5:37:28 AM AEST Prentice Bisbal wrote:

To really complicate things, you should look at process management interface
(PMI). This is a middle layer between Slurm (or an other scheduler) and the
MPI tasks. It's a standardized abstraction layer to make programming MPI
implementations and schedulers easier. It also increases startup time of
the MPI jobs, which is not insignificant for large jobs.
Hopefully PMI/PMI2/PMIx decreases the startup time! :-)
I think I meant to say "increases startup performance", or something like that. Thanks for catching this error which was the exact opposite of what I was trying to say.

There's a presentation on PMIx (the latest version) here:

https://slurm.schedmd.com/SC17/PMIx-SC17.pdf

You need to be careful about the versioning with PMIx and Slurm versions,
there is information on getting it working on both sites:

https://slurm.schedmd.com/mpi_guide.html#pmix

https://pmix.org/support/how-to/slurm-support/

Hope this helps!
Chris