I absolutely agree with Vilma -- dogs do not seek revenge or act out to "get
back" at us -- those are human activities. Why is the dog peeing on the bed?
Who can really say, and frankly -- who cares? Just shut the door :)

The problem with thinking that the dog is seeking revenge is that thinking
directs actions/feelings. If one thinks the dog is doing it "on purpose"
that dictates very different actions, feelings and attitudes than thinking
that the dog has separation anxiety or that the bed has some smell that
triggers the peeing. Our reaction is much kinder when we imagine the poor
dog is stressed because we are away than if we think that devious, dastardly
dog knows EXACTLY what she was doing and is just mad because we left her
again...

I do not really understand power struggles with a dog -- why create conflict
when you can train cooperation???

Mary-Ann Bowman
U-CD Emma, CDX, DD, CGC, retired
Abra of Many Titles, on maternity leave
Maize, TD, NA, DD
The Ten-pack, currently practicing down stays (and doing very well!)