On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 13:50:24 -0600 "Ruth Reynolds" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes:
> It is my understanding that lymphoma is the most common cancer in
> dogs in
> general.  I'm not sure if there is a heritable component to it or
> not.  It's
> really hard to determine this when a dog dies of it and produces
> the breed
> average for it.  I don't know that it would really be determinable
> even if
> the dog produced a higher than average incidence of it.  But in such
> a case
> I'd be leaning in the direction of a heritable component to its
> occurence

Ruth excuse my ignorance, but wasn't the study done by Dr. Padgett done
to determine the hereditability of cancer in Bernese and wasn't it
concluded that only histio and mast cell were hereditary?

Susan Ablon
Gweebarra BMD
Balch Springs, Tx
http://www.pageweb.com/gwebara