I was found by a Berner boy in August and I did indeed purchase pet insurance for him.
 I went with www.petinsurance.com.  So far I have been very happy with the plan.  I
purchased the Superior Plan with a cancer rider.  (Hopefully never have to be used!)
I can go to any vet any time.  There are rules to be followed but so far I have no
complaints.  I decided to purchase insurance after running up $5000 in vet bills over
a three month period only to lose my two Chow Chows.  The cost is about $300+ per year
I forget exactly, but the Superior Plan also covers several routine items.  I figure
if I am lucky enough to have my Berner Boy for 10 years it will still only be $3000
out of pocket.  One big incident and the insurance will have paid for itself.  I have
already been reimbursed $190 this first year so only $110 or so till it covers iteself
this year!  Check out the website it is very informative.

Kristin O'Neill
South Boston, MA