Personally I like to see the baby first. Many couples don't know how much
a child will affect their lives and how much attention a baby will need.
Couples aren't going to get rid of a child for a dog but if things don't
work out will get rid of the dog. My advice has been have the baby and
fit your life around it. When that aspect of your life is settled they
bring the puppy into it.

Having said all that - no 2 people are the same and for some kids and
dogs are all alike and never skip a beat when adding one or the other or
both. However, if you aren't sure what sort of person you are, wait for
the puppy.

Susan Ablon
Gweebarra BMD
Balch Springs, Tx