In a message dated 12/31/2002 8:49:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> So how did I do Vilma?  Is this what you go through
>  every 3 weeks??????    :)

Rhona,
Yeah, that's pretty much it! I think you got it all down, including the most
essential ingredient, a sense of humor! :-)

It's addictive, I just LOVE the way my freshly bathed Berner babies look and
smell.....and the Corgi has to go along too, much to his dismay (ever seen a
Corgi w/ "sideways ears?" This is not a happy Corgi!)   I bathe them all
about every 3 weeks, their coats are always very healthy and shiny. I figure
my champion, Bean, should LOOK like a Champion and my others also need to
look -- and most importantly, smell -- their very best. After all, being a
"snuggle quality" dog is even more important than being "show quality."

I try to comb/brush them out about every other day (easier to do in the
summer when the hair can fly free outside) and that helps keep down the
amount of loose hair flying around at least a bit. Ya just know you are going
to end up at least as wet as the dogs, so old clothing is key to bathing
them. If he is too uncooperative, try to find a way to tether him....attach
his leash to something or even just hold it. Laugh and smile and talk to him,
dont get mad. And feed him treats frequently thru the bathing so he has a
good attitude about your silly insistance that he not smell like anal glands,
deer poop, and swamp water.

Then cuddle your sweet smelling, fluffy baby endlessly!! :-)

Vilma Briggs
Mt. Gilead, OH
U-UD Mocha Java Slurp, UDX, HIC, TT
Ch. Brighteye Expresso Bean, UD, NDD, TT
U-CDX Our Little Buddy, UD, NA, TT
Thirdtym's A Charm, CGC
and Ted