Hi Joseph,

Reading your post about housebreaking a puppy during winter made me chuckle as I remembered doing so with Olaf, now 14 months old! He was born in late September 2001 and we brought him home to New Hampshire around Thanksgiving time. We spent some time freezing ourselves while waiting for the puppy to "do his business" outside, but the cold and snow never seemed to bother the little guy one bit! What made me laugh was thinking of how he thought he was supposed to go on snow and how he utilized the last little bit of a snow pile until it melted in the spring! Then he had to learn to go on the grass!

Best of luck with your new puppy!

Tambi Rondinone (Eiger, 3 yrs. and Olaf, 1 yr.)
Goffstown, NH