I am an Occupational Therapist and have run AAT programs for over 20 years.
In fact I met Kevin, my husband and Rev, his first Berner through our
program. We not only use the therapy dogs to visit, but a therapy dog and
owner participate in therapy with patients daily at our rehab hospital.
Berners make excellent therapy dogs but like all breeds extensive obedience
training should be completed before certifying your dog through a national
organization. They should be under voice control at all times. It only takes
one exuberant jump on a patient to cause a serious injury. I find Berners to
be extremely sensitive to the patients they work with once they are mature.
Our organization does two days seminars throughout the country and many
times our Berner accompanies us as one of the demo dogs. To learn more about
our non profit organization you can go to www.Therapet.com and check out our
videos and book we have to assist individuals in starting programs.

Shari Curran