Mary-Ann,
Thank you so much for your excellent reply to the gentleman's post which
stated:

<<  One of my wishes is that the focus of protecting would go to abused
children
as opposed to dogs.    >>

 I suppose he might then prefer to get involvoed in one of the numerous
community programs and their email lists that focuse on that issue, rather
than this one, a dog breed email list.

One could say abused children is not "the right" cause to work for either,
not "good enough."  Perhaps one should instead focus on teenage pregnancy or
domestic abuse or saving the rainforest or historic sites or an endangered
species or spreading your religion/saving souls or saving the ozone layer or
protecting reproductive rights or homelessness or drug addiction.....Wow!
There are plenty of worthwhile causes needing us, that's for sure!

Individuals often choose to focus on one or two causes, where their talents
lie, and not try to unrealistically "do it all."

As an OB GYN physician working in a largely blue collar area w/ a signifigant
amount of poverty, I spend much of my day helping improve the health of
impoverished women. I work w/ teenage moms (and their prolific offspring)
with the numerous health and social issues they confront. At the end of my
day, I need another focus. I am somewhat offended that this gentleman would
imply that by my protecting dogs in need, I am wasting time and energy that
he has determined I "should" be using  to do something else.

His comments concerning judging others were very interesting....hmmmm....
implying that one person's worthwhile cause is not as important as your own
....sure sounds pretty judgemental to me....

Vilma Briggs, MD
Mt. Gilead, OH
U-UD Mocha Java Slurp, UDX, HIC, TT
Ch. Brighteye Expresso Bean, UD, NDD, TT
U-CDX Our Little Buddy, UD, NA, TT
Thirdtym's A Charm, CGC
and Ted