Good morning everyone on the Berner-L

Today is my first birthday and I am very excited. However, now that I think about it,
I'm always very excited! Standing next to the bed and waiting for Mom and Dad to stir
first thing in the morning is exciting. Running laps up and down the  passage as Mom
and Dad make their way to kitchen to organise breakfast is exciting. Breakfast is
exciting! You get the picture.

Anyway Dad had to go work this morning and couldn't stay and give me chest and belly
rubs all day, but he said he would make up for it when he gets home. I was also
promised an extra special walk this evening, a generous brush of my dark shiny coat
and maybe even a treat or two with supper! Supper is exciting.

Mom unfortunately is out of town for my birthday, but Dad said he'd let me talk on the
phone this evening. But the  phone just isn't the same. When Dad puts the receiver
next to me, I cock my head slightly, and search the room for mom, but I just can't
seem to track her down. I'll just have to wait until she gets home...and then get
excited to see her.

If Mom were at home, I really hope she would invite her friend Andrea to come visit.
Andrea has got a little daughter called Georgia. Georgia is about my age and I find
her absolutely fascinating. Georgia and I will lie on the lawn together and she will
immerse herself in my fluffy softness. Eventually the temptation will get too much and
I'm compelled to give her as many berner kisses as possible, all over her face.

In the meantime I'll keep myself amused in the company of Homer J - my rough
collie(older)brother. My brother and I get on like a house on fire. We even had to be
separated at obedience lesson's because the teacher said we spoke too much, to each
other in the class, and distracted the other dogs.

Anyway I a have a ton of mischief to get up to (garden landscaping etc), so I'll be
signing off, but not before wishing all my littermates, all over South Africa and
beyond, a very happy birthday.

Cheers
Thelonious or Theloni Mouse, or Tony Polony, or Tony Bear, or Tony the Gas, or finally
Pablo (for the positions I twist my body into when lying down, that are reminiscent of
Pablo Picasso painting).
Travesal Urchin
Johannesburg
South Africa