Dear Karen,
My berner baby (110lbs) also does this same exact thing....it is so funny,
he will either straddle your legs and sit on you or he will lean against you
and sit on the couch....and no matter what you do or say you can not get him
to move until he is ready....sometimes I have to have my husband or my
oldest son actually pull him by his collar to get up off the couch.....I
have been trying to teach him a command (quit) to get him to stop doing this
...so far about 15% of the time I can get him to listen to me.....one of the
other things he does is he will wait until you sit down and then he will
slide in between your legs and lay his head on your chest.,...this is so
cute, unless he has just finished drinking, then you are soaked! :-)

Big berner hugs and sloppy berner kisses
Karen and Thor
St. Helens OR